Pune is a beautiful city in Maharashtra that’s surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys, making it the perfect destination for camping and outdoor activities. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful camping experience or an adventure-filled weekend, there are plenty of options to choose from near Pune. In this blog, we will take you through the ultimate guide to camping near Pune, covering everything from tent rentals to adventure activities.
- Popular Camping Spots near Pune:
- Pawna Lake: Pawna Lake is a popular camping spot located around 60km from Pune. The lake is surrounded by beautiful hills, making it perfect for camping and trekking. There are several campsites located around the lake, which offer a variety of options from tent rentals to camping equipment.
- Lonavala: Lonavala is a popular hill station located around 80km from Pune. The hill station is surrounded by beautiful valleys and hills, making it perfect for camping and trekking. There are several campsites located around Lonavala, which offer a variety of options from tent rentals to camping equipment.
- Kamshet: Kamshet is a small village located around 50km from Pune. The village is known for its beautiful valleys and hills, making it perfect for camping and paragliding. There are several campsites located around Kamshet, which offer a variety of options from tent rentals to camping equipment.
- Adventure Activities near Pune:
- Trekking: Pune is surrounded by beautiful hills and valleys, making it perfect for trekking. Some of the popular treks near Pune are Rajgad Fort Trek, Sinhagad Fort Trek, Tikona fort trek, Lohagad Fort Trek, and K.
- Paragliding: Kamshet is a popular spot for paragliding near Pune. The beautiful valleys and hills make it the perfect place to experience the thrill of paragliding.
- Kayaking: Pawna Lake is a popular spot for kayaking near Pune. The calm waters of the lake make it perfect for kayaking and other water activities.
- Tips for Planning a Successful Camping Trip near Pune:
- Choose the right camping spot: There are several camping spots near Pune to choose from, so make sure to choose the spot that best suits your needs and interests.
- Pack the right gear: Make sure to pack the right camping gear, including a tent, sleeping bags, and camping equipment.
- Check the weather forecast: Make sure to check the weather forecast before planning your camping trip, as it can change quickly in the hills.
- Respect nature: Remember to respect nature and follow the Leave No Trace principles while camping.
Conclusion: Camping near Pune is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Sahyadris and enjoy a peaceful weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With the right camping spot, gear, and tips, you can plan a successful camping trip near Pune. So, pack your bags and head out for an adventure-filled weekend in the hills.